Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Sunday 11 March 2012

Dravid showed us how important your wicket is: Ajinkya Rahane

Indian young batsman Rohit Sharma, Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane paid a huge tribute to Rahul Dravid, who take the retirement from the international cricket.

"I've learnt quite a lot from him. The first thing is putting a price on your wicket," said Rohit Sharma 

"Secondly, no matter what condition and situation you are batting in, never give up. Just be there, feel the heat, feel the pressure. That is when your true character shows. He showed us that. That is the biggest thing I learnt from him," Rohit was quoted as saying by Cricinfo. 

"He showed us how important your wicket is and to value it always. Another thing about him is how humble he always is on and off the field. That quality really stands out.", said by promising batsman Ajinkya Rahane.

"I had made 165 and 98 in the 2008-09 Duleep Trophy final in Chennai against South Zone. He [Dravid] was part of that side. I wanted to go and ask him about my batting but was feeling hesitant about approaching such a big player. Instead, he himself came up to me and told me that I was doing well and needed to continue playing the way I had been playing."

"He asked me to develop more confidence in my batting which is so important at the highest level. To have my idol, who I had grown up watching, reposing so much faith in me was a huge thing. I have had the privilege of sharing two dressing rooms with him - India and Rajasthan Royals," he added.

"I was 20 or 21. He was playing for Karnataka against Saurashtra in Rajkot. He is one of my idols. I just wanted to ask him that if I wanted to play at the international level, what should I do and how can I improve myself," said by another promising batsman Cheteshwar Pujara.


ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Updates