Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Sunday 15 January 2012

Batting not help us: Umesh Yadav

Young Indian pacer Umesh Yadav took five wickets in the 1st innings of Australia on Day 2. It was his maiden five wicket haul in test cricket.

"The batsmen are not able to make runs. Put it to bad luck or anything. Each and every batsman is trying very hard but unfortunately, it's not happening," said by Umesh Yadav.


"Ponting or Clarke, every wicket is important to me. But I was a bit nervous taking that catch against Warner as he was batting on 180. I was thinking what would happen to the team if I was to spill that chance," said by Yadav on the post-match press conference after second day's play.

"There is no change in the wicket. Warner is a strokeplayer, he was able to hit and we were having a problem yesterday. We were not able to coordinate. But we started well on Saturday and I'm happy now," said by Yadav.

"I have been practicing to bowl fuller length. Sometimes you are able to do it and sometimes you can’t. But it’s a learning curve for me," he added.

Asked about the feeling of Sachin Tendulkar on being given out in a debatable LBW decision, Yadav said, "Sachin was disappointed but after umpire gives you out, you are out. You can’t do anything about it. He was unhappy of course.", said by Yadav on Sachin Tendulkar LBW decision.

"As for Laxman, I was sitting outside when he was out and he went inside (the dressing room)", he added.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Updates