Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Sunday 1 April 2012

Chris Gayle is the the hardest hitter of the cricket ball: Kohli

Chris Gayle is considered as one of the hardest hitting openers of the game and India vice-captain Virat Kohli feels that it's difficult to emulate the West Indian because matching his exploits is almost impossible. "I understand that it's better to play to your own strengths rather than emulating s omeone like Chris because matching him is almost impossible. Only he can bat like that," said Kohli.

"Chris Gayle is the the hardest hitter of the cricket ball in the world," he added.

"The most difficult thing is to keep yourself safe!," he said jokingly.

"On a serious note, batting with someone like Gayle can be very intimidating. When you see him batting like that at the other end, you might get bogged down with the pressure of coping with his strike-rate."

"It also works the other way. You don't need to worry about the scoring rate because he's doing all the hitting at the other end. You only have to ensure the wickets are intact," Kohli said on IPL's official website.

"I was a bit nervous in the beginning. But once I took the field and started to think as a captain, I was fine. I was very well-supported by everyone in the team in terms of what I planned and what fields I wanted to set. That made me pretty relaxed. It was a fun experience for me," he revealed.


ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Updates